30 April 2006

RASA Advocacy Project

It was RASA's annual general meeting (AGM) on Friday, and there was a really good turnout. I didn't count but it seemed like more than 50 people to me, from a variety of places around the world. An Iranian breeze blew in a violinist to entertain us, and Ramtin did his usual wonders on guitar. There was also some delicious food.

Amongst a few surprises I ended up taking the minutes (again), receiving a special recognition award on behalf of Chris who has been a dedicated volunteer and considerable asset to the organisation for the last seven months, and being nominated onto the Committee by Nesar (and duly elected).

Over the last couple of years I haven't been as closely involved with RASA as I was in it's first year or so, although I have kept in close touch, and we have continued to support each other in different ways. I feel really happy about recementing this link and developing a new relationship as a committee member. As with any community organisation there are a variety of challenges ahead, but I feel like we can work together to continue our growth towards a vibrant and effective project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Henry!

Thanks for your comment over on Random Thoughts, much apreciated. It's quite a ironic your just over in Wakefield, which is about 10 minutes from my house... Anyway, I really did want to like OpenOffice, I am working a great deal with OpenSource stuff these days. BTW, You have an interesting blog, shall we exchange blogroll space? You can contact me through the methods over on the sidebar at Random Thoughts! Blog on! -Sebastian Prooth