28 April 2006

The space not enclosed by words...

feelings - beliefs - thoughts - actions - perceptions - life - the universe - race - sexuality - culture - quiet - music - dance - spirituality - messages - dreams - movement - rhythm - light - darkness - childhood - knowledge - fire - water - art - creativity - touch - smell - ...

Mutabaruka, the Jamaican dub poet, is asked:

"Muta. All the while I 'ear Rasta talk 'bout 'I and I' - what the 'I' mean to you?"

Muta seh: "Well the 'I' is the space not enclosed by words."
And truly, although I am far from Rasta, here we meet. And we dance. And objectivity is the tool of the babylon system that we must fight.

Peace and love and respect for our brethren. And may the babylon system soon fall.

Next performance is at the annual Community Dance Platform, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Chapeltown Road, Leeds, 7-9pm on Saturday 20 May. Tickets £4/£3 call 0113 219 3018.

Big up to David Hamilton, the Reggeyeshun Dancers, and Back Bone.

No comments: