29 May 2006

Best viewed in Firefox

Of course Firefox is one of the best web browsers. And Internet Explorer is one of the worst. The reasons?

  • Firefox is standards compliant, IE is not
  • Firefox is less vulnerable to security issues
  • Firefox has tabbed browsing and integrated search
  • and many other reasons (link 1, link 2)
Anyone trying to create standards compliant web sites knows the problems of IE particularly well - because they have to add extra code to make sure the pages display properly in IE.

Anyway, this blog isn't properly standards compliant, but it also hits a problem with IE. The sidebar for some reason ends up right at the bottom of the page. I've tried fiddling with this, and I know it worked once (so I've done something to break it). At the moment I can't fix it though, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. [Update 16/12/06]

But basically,
Upgrade to Firefox 1.5!
:-)

No comments: