I've just spent a thoroughly enjoyable day cooking, something I should do more of really. I do regularly cook for myself, almost always from fresh ingredients, and I try to be good to the environment as well as my body (although I do have quite a few bad habits...).
Anyway today's food was a bit special and unusual, and hopefully I will be able to make your mouth water as you read about what we ate:
- Celery and celeriac soup: put in very big chunks into a casserole with stock and some extra flavourings and baked for 4 hours on a very low heat before being roughly blended - very tasty cooked slow like that!
- Stoved jerusalem artichokes with walnuts, almonds and cashews
- Braised red cabbage with anise, cardomom, cloves, juniper berries, cinnamon, and lemon
- Steamed broccoli tossed in Tamari sauce with toasted sesame seeds
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Organic italian brown rice
Hopefully this marks the beginning of a year of doing more entertaining and experimenting with more delicious flavours...